/Capri Theatre developers talk to Marshall Ramsey

Capri Theatre developers talk to Marshall Ramsey

Fondren, an outlying Jackson neighborhood, was home to a movie theatre built in 1939. The original name of the theater was The Pix. It closed in 1939 and was reopened as Capri theater in 1960. Mississippi Today Editor Marshall Ramsey talks to the three people who brought Capri back into existence in this episode of Mississippi Stories. David Pharr and Jason Watkins, developers and Robert St. John, restauranteur, discuss how the $13million redevelopment of the abandoned theater was made and how it has already helped the booming Fondren area. A combination of movies and food, the Pearl Tiki, Highball Lanes and Capri, as well as the upcoming Ed’s Restaurant, show that a dream can be realized, regardless of what global pandemics may throw at it.